IT’S TIME TO RE-ORGANIZE.
Re-Org & Dems Election Hybrid Meeting
When: February 8th, 5:30pm
In-Person: Summit County Community & Senior Center, 083 Nancy’s Place, Frisco, CO
Online: Zoom (meeting starts at 6pm). Click below to register (required in advance)
Colorado’s Democratic parties are required to go through re-organization every odd-numbered year. Elections are held for the party officials (the board), District Captains, and bonus members to serve on various state and district level central committees.
Elections for Summit Democrats Leadership: An Overview
- Read the Party rules for Re-organization
- We prefer that you email the Chair indicating your interest in running at least 10 days prior to the meeting (Jan. 26, 2023). However, nominations from the floor WILL be accepted
- Attend the February 8th Re-Org meeting (In person or Zoom)
- Only members of the Central Committee (2 Precinct Organizers from each precinct, elected county Party officers, District Captains from each of the four County Districts, and elected County, State or National public officials who reside within the County) are eligible to vote
Board/County Party Officers Roles & Responsibilities
- The Chair serves as the Executive Officer of the Party and represents the Party officially, presides over meetings, coordinates activities with advice of Executive Committee, executes agreements and fund disbursements, recruits election judges, creates and appoints committee chairs. See rules for full description
- Vice Chairs act as liaison between Districts and Executive Committees, assists Chair in their duties, presides at meetings in absence of Chair, etc
- The Secretary is responsible for minutes at Executive and Central Committee meetings, maintain standing committee minutes, distributes party communications, keeps up to date records. See rules for full descriptions
- The Treasurer serves as the CFO of the Party, collects and safeguards all funds, maintains all financial records, prepares monthly statements for committees including donor records, prepares all reports required by law, prepare a proposed budget, etc. See rules for full description.
District Captain Roles & Responsibilities
- Recruit and organize workers and precinct organizers within their respective district
- Conduct fundraising and canvasses
- Hold meetings of committee members
- See rules for full description; District Captains must reside in their respective district
Bonus Members to serve on various state and district level central and vacancy committees by Zoom (with exception of Colorado Democratic Party Reorganization on April 1, 2023)
- State Central Committee – 2 bonus members (in addition to Chair & V. Chair), reorg meeting Saturday, April 1, 2023, in person at the Sheraton Hotel in Denver.
- Congressional District – 2 bonus members (in addition to Chair and V. Chair), reorg meeting Saturday, March 4, 2023 at 11:30 am,
- State Senate District – 2 bonus members (in addition to Chair, V. Chair and Secretary), reorg meeting Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 3:00 pm
- State House District – 5 bonus members (in addition to Chair, V. Chair, and Secretary), reorg meeting Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 12:00 pm
- State Judicial District – 2 bonus members (in addition to Chair and V. Chair). Saturday, reorg meeting March 11, 2023 at 2:00 PM
- Click here to launch the County’s Interactive Precinct Map tool: Just enter your address in this map and find exactly what district you’re in and the closest polling place or ballot drop box.
- Maps are organized by County Commissioner districts but do contain precinct numbers. Click maps below or use the online tool to find your precinct number.
Summit Dems Re-Organization Event February 8th at 5:30pm
Our first meeting of the 2023 year, Summit Democrats will hold both in-person at the Community & Senior Center and a virtual meeting via Zoom (click here to register)
This will include adoption of party rules and the required election for officers and other positions.
Central Committee members will be taking floor nominations, but we ask that interested parties either email email@example.com by January 26th or fill out the form below.