VICTORY STARTS AT THE BALLOT BOX.
2020 is the year the Summit Democrats will work to ensure every Democrat and like-minded Unaffiliated voter exercises their right to cast a ballot. Here’s our quick guide.
Get the facts about voting in Colorado
- Ballots are expected to be mailed on October 9th.
- YES: There is still in-person voting in Colorado. Please see the County Clerk’s Elections website for more information.
- You can register and vote same day in person at a Voter Service Polling Center (VSPC) See County link above.
- You may drop off a ballot for a friend or family member who cannot get to the polls, but there are strict limits on how many times you can do this.
- Summit County Voting FAQ Page is located here.
- Important FAQ About Voting in Colorado is here
Get registered and help others
If you aren’t or a someone you know isn’t registered yet, you can do it online at govotecolorado.com, you just need a CO drivers license or ID.
- You can register to vote same day in Colorado if you plan to vote in person
- Summit County Clerk’s office is a good resource for local voting questions.
- Check your registration status, mailing address, make changes.
- Note that if it’s later than mid-October when you register or request a mail-in ballot, it will require extra time with predicted US Mail delays.
- Voting in person is always an option
FIND A 24-7 DROP BOX THROUGHOUT SUMMIT
ALL US Mail in Summit County travels to Denver for processing. Alternative: Summit County operates 24 hour dropboxes. Here is a list.
- SILVERTHORNE: Summit County North Branch Library: 651 Center Circle
- FRISCO: Summit County Commons: 0037 Peak One Drive
- FRISCO: Town Hall: 1 Main Street
- BRECKENRIDGE: Summit County Historic Courthouse: 208 East Lincoln Avenue
- DILLON: Town Hall: 275 Lake Dillon Drive
Use this handy interactive app to find your nearest dropbox OR polling location.
ELECTION DAY polling locationS IN SUMMIT
Election Day ONLY polling centers (Summit voters can visit the one most convenient to them):
- BRECKENRIDGE: COMMUNITY CENTER & SOUTH BRANCH LIBRARY
103 SOUTH HARRIS STREET
- FRISCO: COMMUNITY & SENIOR CENTER
83 NANCY’S PLACE
- SILVERTHORNE: SILVERTHORNE PAVILION
400 BLUE RIVER PARKWAY
See below for early in-person voting location.
IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING location
ONE LOCATION: BRECKENRIDGE COMMUNITY CENTER 103 S. HARRIS STREET (OLD CMC)
- Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 30 8:30am-4:30pm
- Saturday Early Voting Day: October 31 8:00am-12:00pm (4 hours)
- Monday, November 2, 2020 between 8:30AM-4:30PM
- Early voting is not available Sundays
clerk’s office and ballot info
Call in advance 970.453.3479 due to COVID-19 closure of the Old County Courthouse to arrange ballot replacement ahead of time so your ballot is ready for you.
Location: Old County Courthouse – Main Floor located at 208 East Lincoln Avenue, Breckenridge
Hours Week of October 12, 2020 through Election Day (Tuesday, November 3, 2020): 8:00am – 5:00pm
Get to know candidates & issues early
Check out our candidate slate here.
- Study up on the issues and look for more information from us on where we stand soon.
- Study every candidate. Make sure they’re not a Republican for decades, attending GOP luncheons this summer, but running as an “independent” (oh, hi Bruce Butler!). A D next to their name ensures they’ll live up to YOUR values.
- Don’t forget the judges, for the courts are one of our biggest challenges as Democrats.
volunteer to be a poll worker for the county
Election Judges (interchangeably called Pollworkers) provide assistance to the County Clerk and Elections staff in order to properly conduct elections. Election judges are compensated for their time as temporary County staff.
It’s more important than ever this year. Typically poll workers skew older. Let’s let the hard working retirees who have dedicated themselves to poll work take a break this year.
Join the democrats in getting out the vote
While we’re taking precautions due to COVID, we will be working hard to get out the vote nevertheless.
Visit our Get Involved page and fill out the form, and let us know you’re interested. We’ll be in touch.