Mike FooteState Senator, District 17, Eastern Boulder County
Mike Foote is a husband, father, and attorney who has represented Eastern Boulder County in the Colorado General Assembly since 2013. During that time, he’s focused on energy, criminal justice, tax policy, election law, health care, and education issues. He’s recognized across Colorado for his leadership on oil and gas issues and environmental protection, but has also worked on a wide variety of bills of interest to the district.
Summit Dems General Meeting
Join us for our February meeting at the Summit Community & Senior Center
- 5:30 -6.:00 Check in and networking
- 6 PM call to order and Pledge Allegiance to the Flag (1 minute)
- Introduction of guest speaker Mike Foote (1 minute)
- Presentation by Colorado Senator Mike Foote on the National Popular Vote (20 minutes)
- Discussion of March 7th Caucus and Vote by Central Committee to approve Rules for Caucus (5 minutes)
- Call for vote to accept revised Summit County Democratic Party rules (5 minutes)
- Presentation by Unsheltered in Summit (10 minutes)
- Candidates for Office to speak ( 2 minutes each) US Senate, County Commissioners, JD5, CD2 Regent (10 minutes)
- Update on format and location for future meetings (5 minutes)
- Open Forum for attendees to speak on things which they are passionate about or provide announcements (15 minutes)
Unsheltered in Summit is a community coalition. The Summit Colorado Interfaith Council, Agape Outpost, and Good Bridge have combined efforts to support hardworking locals who sleep in their cars.
Since last summer, Unsheltered in Summit has been running an overnight parking program. The success of the program, now in its 8th month, has caught the attention of local officials who are working together to provide more parking for our hard working locals.
Unsheltered in Summit leaders will join Summit County Dems on Weds. Feb. 26, to share the latest developments.