2020 Summit County Assembly
|3. Who is your preference in US Senate?||Delegates||4. Who is your preference for CD2 Regent?||Delegates|
|Stephany Rose Spaulding||1||1.8%||David Gross||18||32.7%|
|Erik Underwood||3||5.5%||Aaron Harber||5||9.1%|
|5. Who is your preference for Senate District 8?||Delegates||6. Which set of delegates, who are vying for National Delegate, would you like to vote for at the virtual State Assembly & Convention (date TBA)?||Delegates|
|Karl Hanlon||26||47.3%||Joseph Biden||40||72.7%|
|Arn Menconi||25||45.5%||Bernie Sanders||14||25.5%|
|Uncommitted||4||7.3%||Joseph Biden, Bernie Sanders||1||1.8%|
|7. Which set of delegates, who are vying for National Delegate, would you like to vote for at the virtual Congressional Assembly & Convention? (Date TBA) (in alphabetical order)||Delegates||8. Who is your choice for Summit County Commissioner District 1?||Delegates|
|Joseph Biden||35||63.6%||Elisabeth Lawrence||54||98.2%|
|Joseph Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren||1||1.8%|
|9. Who is your choice for Summit County Commissioner District 2?||Delegates||10. Who is your choice for Summit County Commissioner District 3?||Delegates|
|Tamara Pogue||37||67%||Josh Blanchard||54||98%|
Andrew Romanoff – 28 delegates
Senate District 8
Karl Hanlon – 14 delegates
Arm Menconi – 14 delegates
CU Regent CD2
Callie Rennison – 15
David Gross – 13
Resolutions Added to Platform (by vote)
- Remove barriers to voting for Indigenous/native people.
- Explore the raising the Social Security tax cap, or eliminating it altogether.
- Establish legal strict basis of recall of duly elected officials.
- Overturn Citizens United
- To reaffirm the existing platform plank for ranked choice voting and to use ranked choice voting for internal party processes and local, state, and national elections. 49 responses
- To introduce a statewide ban on fracking
- Resolution: “We support the restoration, protection and management as a non-game species, of the Gray Wolf by Colorado Parks and Wildlife, on designated public lands west of the Continental Divide, by the end of 2023.”
- Fund Magnetic Levitation (AGS) system on I-70 mountain corridor 45 responses
The following planks of the Colorado Democratic Platform support this resolution:
- We support full funding to more strongly enforce the Threatened and Endangered Species programs.
- We support the protection of natural habitats and intact ecosystems through science-based management of public lands that promotes the optimal balance between human use and the natural world, with special attention paid to protection of threatened and endangered species.
- We support fully funding strengthened enforcement of the Threatened and Endangered Species Act.
- We support the restriction of shooting in National Forests and Parks.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Patti McLaughlin, party chair by email here.